March 12-14, 2020
Bring the Home Theater to Life
Get the skills you need to be effective and efficient on the home theater jobsite with CEDIA’s Home Theater Boot Camp
. This advanced, three-day training provides a comprehensive overview of the home theater process from installation to calibration. You’ll walk away with the knowledge and skills you need to participate in what is the largest revenue-generating category in the industry. Propel your career with the skills to properly install, set up, and calibrate a home theater or media room system. WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Upon completion of the course, attendees should be able to:
- Describe the digital and analog signals and formats currently used in audio and video systems and how they are processed and used within the system
- Describe the function of various audio and video interconnects
- Understand the basics of room acoustics, acoustical treatment, and sound transmission issues
- Install components in a professional rack configuration, taking into consideration thermal management and ergonomics
- Utilize proper documentation and labeling of the installation
- Install and mount a projector, flat-panel display, and loudspeakers according to recognized industry standards (CEDIA Advanced Residential Electronic Systems and CEA/CEDIA Recommended Practices)
- Perform basic audio and video calibration to ensure optimum system performance
Several hours of hands-on lab activities are included. Students will mount and install components (including a flat-panel television and projector), properly place and connect speakers and subwoofers, hang acoustic treatments, and calibrate audio and video. WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This three-day learning opportunity is recommended for those who already have a basic knowledge of the home theater concept and the equipment needed to deliver the cinema experience. COURSE MATERIALS
In addition to the printed course guidebook, participants will also receive a copy of the CEDIA Fundamentals of Residential Electronic Systems book ($110 value).
Note: Find nearby hotel information here.
: Are you a Veteran? As a Veteran, you may be eligible to receive training at a reduced rate. Before completing your registration, please send your Certificate of Eligibility to Victoria Britton at firstname.lastname@example.org
. You can locate your certificate online at www.vets.org
. CEDIA will review your information and contact you with details on how to proceed with your registration for boot camp.