CEDIA certifications demonstrate your skills as a home technology professional and establish you as a credible partner to potential clients.
A recent consumer survey conducted by the National Association of Home Builder (NAHB)* found over 70 percent of home buyers agree that contractors with specialized designations are more professional and credible, provide better quality work and craftsmanship, provide better service levels, and are more reliable.
Not only that, but professional designations can help your bottom line. The same NAHB study indicated that 64 percent of home buyers agree specialized contractors are worth paying a higher price for.
CEDIA Certifications help consumers find you. Companies with certified professionals benefit from enhanced premium listings on the CEDIA Finder Service, which receives over 40,000 searches annually.
CEDIA provides professional certifications for every skill level, from industry veterans to career-changers.
*Source: NAHB. (2012). What Home Buyers Really Want. 89-90.
- The CEDIA Certified Professional Electronic Systems Technician (EST) II is well versed in all rough-in and trim-out tasks as well as retrofit installation, component installation and troubleshooting. This certification covers the technical expertise that forms the foundation of the residential systems industry.
- The CEDIA Certified Professional Electronic Systems Technician (EST) III assists in the training and mentoring of newer technicians; interacts with clients and other stakeholders; installs, troubleshoots and calibrates systems; programs basic control systems; and ensures installation meets the design specifications.
- The CEDIA Certified Professional Electronic Systems Designer is an individual who communicates with clients as well as design and installation professionals. This person selects the appropriate products and materials to be used in integrated residential systems, including alarm, telephone, data, audio, video, home theater, HVAC, and lighting control.
- The CEDIA Home Cinema Design Specialist certification is the industry’s premier qualification for anyone involved with the design of high performance home cinema environments. Offered by CEDIA Region 1.
- The CEDIA Residential Networking Specialist is an individual who has mastery of designing, installing and configuring a network in the home.
- The CEDIA Structured Cabling Assessor is an individual with the necessary training and qualification to assess residential cabling and issue a CEDIA certificate of conformity for the home. Offered by CEDIA Region 1.