| Apr 20, 2016
CEDIA is seeking volunteer leaders to be part of the CEDIA Groups Program. CEDIA Groups offer like-minded business owners a platform for discussing business opportunities and challenges – all with the goal of improving their businesses. Each CEDIA Group is made up of 7-10 CEDIA member integrator executives who meet monthly via phone or webinar to network, discuss key business issues, share best practices, and have candid conversations about operational challenges.
Every CEDIA Group has a team leader to provide organizational support, and groups have access to Advisors, integrators who have demonstrated operational excellence during their years of experience within the industry.
Learn more about the CEDIA Groups Program
Type of Volunteer:
Educators: Show the ropes to other members. They mentor, provide advice, and disseminate knowledge as facilitators, instructors, or presenters.
Time commitment level:
Yearlong (Monthly conference calls)
The CEDIA Group Lead plays an important leadership role and serves as the primary contact between CEDIA and the other members of the group. Each CEDIA Group has a lead who works directly with the CEDIA staff contact regarding administrative and supporting duties. The CEDIA Group Lead is selected for his or her:
The Peer Group Leader is responsible for the following:
- Support of CEDIA and base level knowledge about what the association offers
- Facilitation skills, to help keep conversations on topic to meet participants needs
- Strong communication skills
- Desire to lead within a volunteer role
Requirements, Skills, and/or Previous Experience:
- Serving as the primary contact for regular communication with CEDIA Staff
- Welcoming new members to the group
- Alerting the staff liaison when there is a change in the group
- Sharing best practices developed from the group, as appropriate
- Serving as the access point for resources from CEDIA
- Enforcing requirements for group participation
- Participating in Peer Group Leader Training
- Providing feedback regarding program experiences
Active CEDIA Home Technology Professional membership is required for participation.